Wednesday, May 23, 2007

someday my prince will come...so what should I do with today?

It seems as though every girl's dream is to grow up and get married. Most girls have their wedding day planned and all the details arranged...now all they need is to find that special someone. Something that I've noticed lately is that many girls act as though their lives don't begin until they're married. Now, don't get me wrong, I desperately want to get married but guess what...God has a different plan for my life right now. Why not take advantage of singleness and serve God with passion and purpose?



Yes, it's fun for us as girls to sit around a daydream about 'prince charming', but we should pursue glorifying God where He has us right now. It's easy for us as girls to get carried away with the wonder and excitement of dating and marriage and we often even create a fantastical impression in our minds of how we think it all should work...but sorry to rain on everyone's parade, Mr. Right can never be perfect because he's a human being and so are we.



I myself am a hopeless romantic so I am more preaching to myself than anything just so you all are aware. I look forward to the exciting adventure of finding the one person meant for me, the wedding day, and the years to come...but that's not here yet. Instead of waisting my life away until marriage, or in other words putting my life on hold, I want to use it for God's glory. One of my friends told me today that it's not all about the wedding day, the details of the event, and the beauty of that day; it's about the years to come after that day that you'll spend with the person you marry. These are just some random thoughts going on in my mind so I thought I'd write them down for you all to read.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Amy, agreed. That is a very fantastic idea now how long in fact can we all mantain that facade....; ? It's is awesome and I hope that you not only chase after God but you do it without filling your hopes and dreams with the "next" guy along the way. Do it and mean it. That will honor God more then anything else. Besides, there is lots of time left...and there are many ways to use it....