Monday, January 02, 2006

My 2006 Discoveries concerning Life

Life is difficult. Sometimes you think that you have it down and you know what's going to happen but...you never do. There have been a lot of times over the past year that I felt like just giving up, but I didn't. I kept going. Christ always gave me the strength to get through the trials and struggles in my life and He was faithful to His promise that He will never leave me or forsake me AND that He will never give me more than I can handle. What a comforting promise for those that love Him! Throughout my whole life, I have been able to see first-hand, how he fulfills and follows through with His promises. When I was younger we (my family) decided to go to Mexico as missionaries. Although there were times that we struggled with not having some of the bare necessities, Christ always was with us and He brought us through those times of difficulty. God IS faithful!!! So even though life gets hard and we go through many times of trials and hardships, God is able and capable to bring us through those times, and He gives us times of great joy. How can we enjoy the good times, if we have not gone through the down times?

2 comments:

Brent Klontz said...

I was just telling one of my jr. high parents that same thing tonight. God is in control of everything and he will never give us more than we can handle. What a promise!

Jonathan Roberts said...

Praise God that He is more faithful to us than we are to our sin.

Your post reminded me of 1 Cor. 4:16-18.

"Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

Continue to "fight the good fight," Amy, knowing that He who began a good work in you will never leave you or forsake you.